flat and small stools

Posted , 4 users are following.

i’m 16 and been noticing i’ve been having rather small and flat stools, but only sometimes. i’ve also had a little blood when i wipe but i think this is from my psoriasis? my stools are a normal brown color and look normal they are just kinda flat. been kinda worried about this the past few weeks help!! to add i use to have horrible nausea when i was 10 and 11, doctors did extensive testing (colonoscopy, CT scan, MRI, etc.) found nothing....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Suggest you improve your diet so that your stools become bulkier(not flat)-Cut out refined sugar-cake etc etc-eat more fruit and veg -

It may be that you have ibs- but I am not a doctor- so suggest you go back to your doc and tell him how you are feeling.

Good Luck

Susan

• Posted

ok thank you. like i said sometimes ill have normal round stools but sometimes they are flat and whenever i research you pull up colon cancer and it just sits in the back of your mind.
  • Posted

Colson I'm not a doctor and see why you would have some concern but I agree with talking to a doctor but if you have no pain and the blood is just on the paper is reassuring but a doctor can put your mind at rest

• Posted

Colson I'm not a doctor but if you get more symptoms like pain weight loss no appetite I would go sooner

• Posted

ok thank you. my bleeding has stopped ever since i started my medicine back and i’ve noticed the days i have smaller stools is when i don’t eat fruits or veggies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.