flat feelings

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, all.

The anxiety and deppression seem to be levelng out finally, but now I have this feeling of flatness to my mood. Has anyone had this? This is also starting to cause me concern.

0 likes, 42 replies

42 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello karen, I started being on fluoxetine 20mg on January due to anxious feelings and excessive and obsessive worrying about everything, and I felt a big improvement on those issues. 

However, one month ago I started experiencing that flatness that you mention, and also lack of libido. Since it was bothering me a lot, and my anxiety has improved since January, I am now withdrawing myself from it hoping that anxious feelings do not come back after.

Good luck.

• Posted

Just got over a crying spell. Don't know when all this will finally even out. Deppression and anxiety then flatness. Don't know when this will ever end.  I upped flu to 50mg from 40 mg 4 days ago, and that is when I started feeling some flatness. I went back down to 40mg today. Don't know when this will ever end.
    • Posted

Karen i had this flatness too. Give it another few days and if u feel no better go bk to ur gp xx
    • Posted

Thanks so much for all of your comments. It helps so much!
  • Posted

I started fluoxetine 4 weeks ago and I'm experiencing flatness of mood and lack of ability to derive pleasure joy or satisfaction from anything and no appetitie.  Hopefully this will wear off as maybe it's a temporary side effect.
    • Posted

I know it will get better, but sometimes when you hit a low it doesn't seem like it. It's good to get reassuance from others.
    • Posted

I have no great advice - I feel totally crap but just wanted to let you know you aren't alone. Stick with it. Thinking of you. Good luck xx
    • Posted

Good luck to you all...

Remember tho' that dose changes bring their own and sometimes unique side effects. If flatness is experienced after a dose change, it too may be a side effect. Dose changes take 2-4 weeks to have full effect...

We all need to be patient whilst we bite our lips and bide our time and all the other stuff we have to do to get through these horrible experiences.

Keep talking...& don't give up...

• Posted

Hi Karen just wondering how are u feeling today? I hope things are getting a little better day by day.

Keep Strong God Bless.

• Posted

The last couple of days were good. I got a lot done yesterday and the day before, but today I woke up with anxiety and have had it most of the day. Ugh!

• Posted

Aww so sorry to hear that today so far is good for me too but I don't understand why it goes up and down. ..When I was on paxil I just felt better after about 3 weeks and it got better from that. No up one day down the next I guess that's just how this medication works.

Hang in there hun, hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel soon.

God bless.

• Posted

Hi Karen,

I'm starting to feel a lot better, thank you. I'm at week 9 today. I'm still very tired and have not faced going back to work or doing much by myself yet, but my mood is consistantly pretty good and I don't feel anxious about anything except work really. I have considered going up to 40mg as I feel I'm not quite me yet, but as my main problem seems to be the tiredness I keep putting it off and hoping 20mg will suffice.

How are you feeling? Do you keep a mood diary? It helps to see how far I've come when I don't feel like I'm improving quickly enough.

Keep well xx

• Posted

Hi Katy,

I do keep a record on my calendar of how I am feeling day to day. It does help to be able to look back and see progress. I'm not yet back to my normal self either and still having some anxiety. So glad you are feeling better.

• Posted

Thank you Karen,

I am feeling good but I know my mental state is VERY fragile - I'm careful not to do anything to rock the boat.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling much better. Have you tried Diazepam? My Doctor has given me a small supply to take when I really need one, they stop the panic attacks. Knowing I have something to take if they get bad seems to have helped as much as actually taking them. I've only used two in two weeks.

Be good to yourself and take lots of walks. This is a slow process and everyone's different, don't be hard on yourself.xx

• Posted

Hi Katy. I don't think that I have actual panic attacks, but sometimes its hard to tell. I do take trazadone at night to help me sleep. This forum helps so much just to talk about it. Thanks
    • Posted

I'm sorry - I wish I had better advice. Hang in there, it will get better. Keep on at the Doctors and make sure they keep trying to get your meds right.

This forum has helped massively. I couldnt really talk at first, I just read a lot. I haven't stopped lately and it feels good to communicate again. I have also had a lot of support from someone going through it at the same time as me on here and that has proven invaluable. We're all in this together xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.