Flat stools? Normal or not? [NSFW]

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey,

I need some help, does this look normal? Or a sign of something more serious?

Any help would be appreciated! 

Moderator comment:I have deleted the links to the images as they went to a site unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. Users can upload images directly to this site by using the icon at the top right of reply boxes.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Yes it's normal. Your bowels might need cleansing. Impacted fecal matter builds up and when you go poo it comes out flat or different than normal. Is it everyday.????

• Posted

What other symptoms do you have?
    • Posted

That’s my main symptom, had these for about 4 weeks. I also have occasional abdominal pain. Lower back pain. Lots of gas and have passed mucus alone and with stool a few times. Had blood due to excessive wiping as have OCD about cleaning down there, this hasn’t happened since I switched to Wipes though. Also have frequent urination.
    • Posted

It might be IBS which can cause frequent urination along with the other symptoms you are having. However, since you have had this for four weeks, you should see your doctor to rule out other causes including urinary infection.
    • Posted

Hi Pippa, I have been to doctors a few times in the past month about it. They said it’s IBS. However I only had bloods done / they were clear though. I just can’t shake that it’s something more serious though rolleyes 
    • Posted

If all your tests were clear, your doctor can diagnose IBS.  I would accept your diagnosis and trust your doctor if no more serious symptoms appear.  Try a food diary or the low Fodmap diet to check for any food intolerance. Have your bowel habits changed to constipation or diarrhoea?  Does your pain move about?  Ask for an antispasmodic.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.