Flat warts

Posted , 1 user is following.

My bother has had flat warts on the back of his hands for 20+ years. He insists that two dermatologists told him that they are flat warts, but they are not contagious. His proof that they are 100% not contagious is that his wife has never contracted them.

I've never heard of warts that are not contagious. From everything I've found, flat warts are not highly contagious, but they are still contagious. Now my 97 year old father has warts on the back of his arms. I'm not saying they came from my brother, but he is insistent that his warts can't be spread and he doesn't appear to be taking any precautions to prevent them from spreading to anyone else.

Is it possible that flat warts could be completely non-contagious?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.