Flatulence and increased bowel m's

Posted , 2 users are following.

I read with interest that people have these two problems with amlodopine and I am wondering if anyone was switched to felodopine and found the same problems. I stopped amlodopine as it made me dizzy and switched...was thinking of switching back to amolodopine when I discovered this site and problems with this med too. Has anyone found an alternative without the side effects? C

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

May i please know why you are thinking of switching back to amlodipine. Is the felodipine not good enough.

I personally have been taking amlodipine for over 10 years. I get dizzy spells occasionally, but then it lasts for a fraction of a second, so nothing major.

I once suggested to my doctor that i wanted to try Felodipine. He advised me not to, because felodipine is mostly given to patients who have had heart attacks.

So please let me know your experiences with felodipine.

Thanks,

Victoria.

• Posted

Hi Victoria..I am not switching back...my Dr. thinks I should have a test to see if I have a bacteria problem...wc, she says, is more common than we think. I do not have any problems with felodopine other than what I mentioned. I was initially dizzy but now not at all, while I was dizzy with amoldopine. I had not heard about the heart attack piece...but I guess I won't worry about that carole

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.