FLATULENCE returns with a vengeance!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello Lovely Ladies,

I'm VERY meticulous about my diet. That being said, for the past few weeks, FLATULENCE has returned with a vengeance; ANYTHING I eat has obvious consequences!!😢 I have to be very cautious when I'm in public, because it has its way! That being said, have any of you ladies experienced this form of persistent

RIDICULOUSNESS?

3 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

yes my IBS is back with flatulence after anything i eat. my stomach bloats so much i have to undo my trousers. i too am so careful what i eat but it makes no difference. iv been taking some meds for a week now to calm it down but doesn't appear to have worked . do you get nausea too.

• Edited

Hello There, AF...

From the inception of my menopausal journey, I have taken the ALL-NATUREL route. Suffice it to say, I take ONE medicine only! There are MANY days when menopause is absolutely unbearable, and I want to DOPE myself up, and sleep until this TSUNAMI is OVAA; yet I push through often, to get to some sense of calm and normalcy!! That said, I do experience nauseousness; when it happens, I chew a piece of gum or eat a piece of candy or two; those tidbits helps with the dreaded sickness immensely. Be well, my menopausal sistah!

• Edited

Hi, right here! This is exactly the reason that I am back on here again. I am so exhausted by the non-stop gas. I work all day and have to hold it in and by the time I get home...watch out! I am running for the bathroom. I am on year 3 of these GI symptoms and I am so tired of it. I keep wondering if this will ever get better? Is this my new norm? Constantly clenching the cheeks to keep the gas in, having terrible stomach pains, running to the bathroom. So utterly done. Any advice out there?

• Edited

Hey Ackallday...

I hear you loud and clear! This is NOT your new norm, and don't allow yourself to become overwhelmed by the constant farting! Don't hold it in, til you get home!! You are doing your health and sanity a GRAVE disservice. That being said, go to the bathroom at work or find a space where you can let it rip, if you will. This too shall pass! Be well, my menopausal sistah!

• Edited

Wow! Just like the other lady this is why I came back on the blog to see if anyone else was experiencing digestive issues particularly gas. Just like everyone it does not matter what I eat and I eat pretty healthy. One meal a day, no meat, hardly no fast food, no sodas. I was thinking well maybe I need to stop eating dairy, then I said maybe I need to stop eating so many beans or veggies that cause gas, nothing worked so I then said hmmmm...I wonder if this is a part of the whole peri thing?? Ughhh! When i fast of course i dont have it and mine seems to get trapped so it's very uncomfortable as I can feel it in my chest and upper back area and I dont need anything to trigger anxiety and/or renegade thoughts! Wheewww!! SMH!

• Edited

Hey Teadra..

You've literally answered your own question! Gas is part of perimenopause; it doesn't STOP there. You will experience this mess, throughout your menopausal trios. I am in FULL blown post menopause, and I have experienced GAS throughout peri, menopause, and lastly, post-menopause. It doesn't matter what you do, what you eat or what you don't eat, it happens to COUNTLESS women, it is one of those unwanted, relentless symptoms of menopause. Be well, my menopausal sister!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.