Flax oil and Evening Primrose oil

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies... has anyone tried Flax oil to balance hormones and Evening Primrose oil for muscle tension and headaches? ? I am having severe tension headaches on a daily basis, none of the pain meds make even tiny bit of difference. I have a neuro appointment in March.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I just started taking the evening primrose and flax oil with omega fish oil complex (on second day of it) from my naturopath. She said it the primrose will help to balance hormones. I also have tension headaches/migraines and have been taking Rehmannia Complex twice a day, also prescribed by naturopath. Just started the Rehmannia this past week so too soon to tell but so far so good. I also take magnesium and was slacking off for some time but have been more vigilant lately so I think this helps too with the headaches. I think I just need to be patient and vigilant and hopefully things will settle down. Peri is no fun.

Cheryl

• Posted

i tried primrose oil years ago didnt agree with me

• Posted

i cant quite remember it was years ago but know it doesnt agree with me ...im good on the flax oil though . i take it everyday

• Posted

I tried evening primrose oil caps years ago too and didn't help me at all at the time... and i seem to remember i didn't feel well on them.

What beneficial differences did you all notice with the flax? I keep trying to carry on taking magnesium citrate but it upsets my tummy. 😦

AJ. x

• Posted

I have been drinking flax milk for the past month and really love it. It has roughly the same vitamins as the flax oil supplements. And it has some protein and Vit A. It's helped regulate my bowels for sure. And it keeps me very full at work so I don't get light headed and angry.

I took the EPO too. I like it. It was great for breast pain and slight mood stabilization. I had to go on an elimination diet for other reasons; I'm going to try to introduce it back into the routine next month.

Have you started eating/drinking differently? Has anything in your life changed? Even a lighting change at work can trigger tension headaches. I worked retail at a place with belligerent flourescent lighting and went home with a headache every day.

• Posted

thank you so much for the info, I'll look into Flax milk. I have changed my diet, eliminated food that I believe triggered but it's still unbearable. My work is as usual, nothing really changed. About a year ago my problems started out of blue, I had anxiety and palpitations, hot flashes, insomnia. I've had tension headaches prior to that but they were mild. It's gotten worse in last few months, none of the OTC works. It starts on both sides around my jaw, then progress to back of my head, neck and upper back. I tried chiro, it helped a little bit. Hats off to you for working in retail while dealing with peri. take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.