Flaxseed supplements

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been thinking about whether flaxseed might help me, I am perimenopause. Has anyone got any advice as to whether it helps or not etc. be interested to hear people's experiences.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have started taking them but can't say I noticed anything.  I did some information-seeking on using them and I think every study said that they could not prove they provided any help.
  • Posted

I am taking it for vaginal atrophy and I think it does help.
  • Posted

Absolutely! I started taking last Saturday and my joint pain has decreased alot. I can actually get up off the couch without being bent over for the first few steps. I am sleeping so much better. Its worth a try.
  • Posted

Hi Ruth, rather than to try to eat a bunch of flaxseed or a bunch of bread which would add weight, I chose to take flax oil supplements. They are great for balancing hormones and good for the mood swing that sometimes happens.  I also felt more calm.    You can take 1, 2 or three tablets a day depending on how you're feeling. 

I decided to go with natural supplements rather then hormone replacement therapy or anything that would alter my body completely. And I'm glad I went

this route. 

Hope this helps!  

• Posted

Absolutely Trish! razz I'd heard so much about the harmful aspects of HRT that I decided to research and find a more natural route. I found Wild Yam and it's been amazing!
  • Posted

Flax seed is really great for your overall health so will help with your menopause symptoms. As will a healthy diet, and Wild Yam, a herb, is amazing for the menopause. It's got me through it with flying colours! razz
    • Posted

Hi

How do you take wild yam and what did you find the benefits are please?

Also, flax? I've been sprinkling golden linseeds on food for years, not ground...how do you recommend taking flax, in oil or supplements ?

I too, luckily, don't seem to need HRT but do like to use natural remedies.

I take 400mg Magnesium, 1000mg Omega 3, 1000mg Starflower, and menopace Sage daily and eat well!

Wondering how the flax and wild yam may assist me?

Thank you Jx

• Posted

Sounds like you're doing a great job with it! Kudos razz

I take Wild Yam in tincture form. I found out about it because there's a supplement that women were raving about but that's really expensive. I found out the main ingredient, which was Wild Yam. 

As a herbalist I have a quality source to buy herbs from in bulk so it sorted me out! It virtually stops hot flushes, mood swings etc.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.