Flecainide?

Posted , 3 users are following.

i was diagnosed with PAF about 4 years ago. I was prescribed flecainide, bisoprolol and spironolaction and eliquis. I Have a scan yearly and 6 months ago at my yearly visit to the hospital I was seen yet again by a different CARDIOLOGIST he decided I didnt need flecainide I was delighted one medication less. Today at my hospital appointment I saw another doctor and he was annoyed flecainide had been stopped. he is adamant I should take it.

How do I know which one is right?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did it help when you took it?

Did it hurt when you stopped it?

How frequent and how bothersome are your PAFs?

It's rare to see anything prescribed for PAFs.

• Posted

i have never felt that my PAF'S,s were too bad. possibly had a few more palps since stopping the flecainide. but nothing to worry me. I'm just not happy about the mixed messages.

• Posted

I find a lot of shortcomings in what doctors consider standard practice, and maybe the biggest thing is that they are taught to pretend to certainty that is seldom justified.

So don't worry that each doctor thought he was right, but wasn't, the situation in reality is seldom that clear.

• Posted

THANK YOU I will get as much information as I can and then try to make the right decision.

• Posted

I have had PAF for the last 9 years. Was prescribed Flecainide and took 100mg twice a day. (take ramipril and Lercanidipine for BP too)

Can't say the med stopped the PAF, but back then I could go several weeks between attacks. I did not like taking the med everyday when I did not feel much benefit so now take Flec as a pill in the pocket so take

200g when I have an attack. If I am lucky the attack lasts between 3-4 hours but can be shorter or longer,I have had three Ablations but have not been one of the lucky ones who find the PAF stops. After the last Ablation in November I had af a few days later and the longest I have had between attacks is 8 days.

Back to see EP in February but think it will be med for me from now on as looks as though my rogue electrics are in places they cannot treat.

• Posted

When the Flec was stopped it was suggested I used itas a pill in the pocket .I explained this to Cardiologist but when he checked mine are 50mg and they should be much stronger. So different views by two consultants.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.