Flecainide

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been using Flecainide as a pill in the pocket for 2 years. As my AF episodes have increased I am now on  50 mg twice a day. This appears to have made my AF much worse. Has anyone else experienced this? Does it settle down after a while or should I stop taking it?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dear Sarah, it can take a while for the AF to settle down with medication.  You do however have some way to go with the medication as I am on the max 300mg per day and have been for 20 years.

I certainly would not advise you stop taking it unless you see your doctor.

• Posted

Hi sarah i,ve been on flecanide for about two years now started on 50mg but had it increased a year ago to 100mg twice daily.. give it time see you,re doctor but i wouldn.t stop taking it untill you have had advice.
  • Posted

I understand that a contraindication is that it can cause AF. Sounds like you need to go back to your doctor. Try posting on Facebook page atrial fibrillation information exchange. This is a good place to post a question
  • Posted

I would imagine then, that you are a very thin lady?

I think the dose need bringing down a tad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.