Flecainide

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all,

Does anyone have any experience from taking Flecainide.

I suffer from ectopic heart beats. They are very troublesome and I have several which cause the heart to go out of time on occasion.

I have had an Ablation in an attempt to cure them but the areas they are coming from can't easily be accessed.

I now take 5mg Amlodipine and I've suffered many side effects like so many other people. I also take 16mg Candesartin, 20mg Simvastatin.

Ive now been put on Bisoporol 1.25mg and 50mg Flecainide.

This is a cocktail designed to tackle my high blood presure, maintain my cholesterol and hopefully bring the ectopic beats under control or reduce the amount and effects.

Any advice and experience of Flecainide would be most appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The BP meds are a pretty standard mix.  Flecainide is the only one aimed squarely at the arrhythmias (AR).  BP control may help as much as the Flecainide?, that's really the only treatment they've ever given me, and maybe that was right.

?I'm not wild about amlodipine, I found reason to take myself off it, in me I thought it was causing arrhythmias.  At least when I discontinued it my AR reduced 90% (and when I took a high dose of amlodipine, that was my worst period).  Except now, even off amlodipine, my AR's are coming back.  So go figure.  Apparently it works without problem in many cases, even my brother's.

• Posted

Thanks jx41870

I started on Amlodipine in Jan 2017, 5mg. In April they tried to put the dose up to 10mg and my body didn't like that.  I've been on 5mg since, suffered like so many with the side effects but to be honest, most of them have now settled, or I have adjusted to them.

I'm now 24 hours into Flecainide and Bisoprolol and I'm just waiting for something to start playing up. I hope it doesn't but from past experiences, I'll suffer something.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.