Flecainide and Atrial Fibrillation

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi

Has anyone been prescribed flecainide for A-Fib.

I have not heard of this medication before and would like to discuss it with my doctor.

Thankyou 

"May your heartbeats flow gently today"

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Flecainide is one of the more powerful arythmia drugs...in the US at least.  I was on it for 3 weeks in varying doeses.  It caused hazy, vertigo like effects, but it completely stopped the A-fib.  I lowered the dose so the vertigo went away, but the AF came back.  I dropped Flec and went to Rythmol which has worked well.  Some people say Flec is the best drug and works well for them.  All you can do is try.  Start with the average daily doseage and work from there.  Best of luck to you! 
    • Posted

Hi allen

My GP gave me flecainide.tambocor

I think its 100 or 200 mgs

I have. Arythmia episodes most of the time. I take this meds as needed. I am on rythma 100mgs. Cut in half daily

Since this meds hardly puts a dent on my episodes. I have to take flecainide. And all hell.broke loose. Instead of getting back my normal rythym.it went from bad to worst. I went back to my gp. Helpless and asking him if he can give me another kind meds. He took me off flecainide and rythma. Changed it to concore 2,5 mgs twice a day. been 70 % better. than 90% bad day on my recent meds. Honestly this forum is so heartwarming and gives you hope. Knowing im not alone with my ordeals. And people out there sharing their fits.and ways to cope up or lessen their daily experiences. I only pray we all have our wishes forth coming. And all of us get well and get back to what we do best.

• Posted

Lots of messages on this board from people that take Flecainide.
  • Posted

Hi ana,

I tried 3 different pills before Flecainide and none helped. Flecainide was the only one that decreased my AF episodes - didn't stop completely but infrequent and were manageable. I had no side effects except maybe loss of energy but everyone reacts differently. I was given the choice of Flecainide or amiodarone - Flecainide is much the safer.

Cheers Maggie

• Posted

Hiya i,ve had two cardioversions to date first time i was on bisoprolol and asprin,second time i was changed to flecanide 200mg a day plus warfarin probably,for ever! .. no problems with it..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.