Flecanide for Atrial Fibrillation

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi Guys

This is quite an urgent query: I've been taking flecanide + bisoprolol for the past year but about 2 months ago felt very light headed/dizzy and generally unwell with symptoms a bit like I had before they detected Tachicardia degenerating into AF. I was told by my Consultant that if I took the flecanide without the bisprolol 'it could kill me'. Now I've been told by another Doctor to trial the flecanide on its own.

Can anyone feed back to me if they're on Flecanide on its own or whether they were given the same advice as me.

Am going back to the Doctors on Thursday to monitor what's changed and if I'm still OK but would welcome your thoughts/experience.

Thank you.

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was taking flecainide for a while and absolutely hated it. I was started with metopolol and hated the side effects of that too. My blood pressure was 90/50 and I could barely have enough energy to get through a day. My stomach felt unsettled and I would still have a-fib episodes so it wasn't effective. I've been taking Multaq (drondarone) for over 2 years and it has controlled my a-fib. If I have any side effect it's probably fatigue.
  • Posted

I take flec on its own as a pill in the pocket approach, I take one tablet when symptomatic.  I cannot tolerate beta blockers 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.