Fleuxotine/ Mirtazapine. Advice welcome!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, just sharing my story and chasing some other people’s experiences and advice. Started on Mirtazapine 15mg approx 2 years ago in the height of the pandemic for sleep anxiety issues. (Wasn’t initially diagnosed with anxiety). Started Fleuxotine 20mg approx 18 months ago and after a rough transition I have been great. Have had a few ‘episodes’ but have never thought about changing doses. I’ve been so good in fact the plan was to weane off the mirt…. However, hit a hurdle in the form of a major anxiety episode and now about 10 days later still feeling the ‘hangover’ with mild anxiety and nausea.

All my Dr wants to do is increase the dose of Fleuxotine to 40mg and continue on as before. I’m resistant as I feel I was nearly there in starting to come off some medications and by increasing the dose it essentially starts my journey again.

Any other experiences on mixed medications and changing doses or being able to ‘ride’ some episodes out? Thanks

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.