Flexible Flat feet problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone

I'm 24 years old and have had flat feet since I was very young. I got my orthotics at the age of 7 when it was first spotted. For years we saw podiatrists and not one of them told us I had flexible flat feet. Turns out all the foot manipulation therapy they were doing was going to do nothing for my ankles. We ended up wasting thousands - that is what my GP told me. She was the one that diagnosed me with FLEXIBLE flat feet. I was then told that the only thing that can be done for me now is physiotherapy and orthotics.

I am in severe pain everyday from my ankles. Even when I simply lie down they ache with pain. I work in retail and love my job so this is not ideal. I can usually fight through the pain easily but its when I wake up in the morning with stiff ankles and literally waddle around the house because of it. Epsom salt foot baths sometimes help. I just don't want to end up like my mother who is 55 and can hardly walk properly. She now also has severe arthritis. I hold some hope in the fact that she had no clue until she was 40 and didn't get any treatments until then. I'm hoping catching it early holds some merit. her mother has it too. Looks like it was highly hereditary.

I was just wondering if anyone on these forums has flexible flat feet and what do you guys do for treatment? is surgery an option? At what cost?

Thank you very much!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hi I have been diagnosed with flat feet but my gp said that you cant get physiotherapy on your feet. I've been reffered to a podiatrist

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.