Flexible Sigmoidoscopy w/ 10 Biopsy, Help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey, i am looking for some advice. For about a year now ive been suffering from horrendous stomach pain. Ive always had some stomach aches but not to this extent. So, within the past 6 months my symptoms have started to get worse.. mouth ulcers, b12 deficient, blood in stool, mucus, bright red rash occasionally around face, neck and upper arms, bloating and obvious stomach pain. Had a flexible sigmoidoscopy yesterday, apparently the part they looked at was okay, however they took 10 biopsies. 

So my question is, is that many normal? and should i be asking for more tests (ie. colonoscopy and small bowel ct scan)

Any help would be much appreciated 

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Cait96 -- just checking in to see if you have received any answers?  Please let us know how you are doing. 
    • Posted

So sorry to hear that.  I know it does not solve your concern, but I have had some similar symptoms for 7 months.  In the past I have had multiple investigations -- nothing diagnosed except IBS & GERD. Strength to you - keep us updated?

• Posted

I am honestly frightened that they come up with it being IBS, this sort of pain I don't think could be that

• Posted

The blood in your stool might be caused by a fissure.  Was this mentioned?
    • Posted

Did they do a fecal calprotectin stool test to check for inflammation that might suggest IBD?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.