Flickering and twitching in chest

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I was wondering if any of you have ever experienced this flickering and twitching sensation in your chest? This comes and goes. I usually get it in the mornings. I had my doctor do an EKG and it was normal. When I described the sensation to her she said it didn't sound heart related but more like it could be stomach related. But I requested the EKG for my peace of mind. I also requested a referral to a cardiologist. But my question is if it's not heart related then what is it? Have any of you had this? Is this yet another hormonal mystery that just happens to us in our bodies and cannot be explained?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi! What you're describing sounds exactly how I'd describe my heart palpitations. I've had them all my life, but have noticed them far more in the last year or so, especially when I'm laying in bed on my side.

• Posted

I have them too, and have had clean EKG's as well. Drives me crazy, like all the rest of this rodeo, but seem harmless!

Hang in there!

• Posted

Yeah it is unnerving. It may be harmless but it scares me from time to time even though I tell myself it's just anxiety, my mind goes to thinking the worst.

• Posted

yes...a lady once at this site called it little bunnies jumping up and down....yes ive gotten this plenty of times and still do so try not to worry....

lots of ladies here at thus site have gotten simular xxx

• Posted

oh good....i tell ya this menopause is tough and when it happens again...just say to them bunnies "bring it on"...😳....LOL...If you didnt laugh eh...have a good day there...this time will pass thank god for all of us. CK.

• Posted

Yes I am so grateful to have found this forum. I don't know what I would have done without it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.