Flo (Prozac) Help!

Posted , 1 user is following.

Please help, I came of sertraline just over 2 weeks ago as it literally destroyed me, I was suicidal amd now facing criminal charges for something very stupid I did. I really did go crazy taking it. My doctor has changed me onto Prozac so have been on that since. I'm starting to feel severely depressed again amd suicidal thoughts creeping back in, also starting to be irrational and impulsive again, this is how it started with sertraline and I'm terrified. I went on a mission to destroy my life on sertraline and I'm headed that way again.

Please has anyone had these bad side effects? I don't have enough people in my life to support me through it they just don't understand and almost lost my boyfriend because of it.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Yvonne, you need to go back to your GP asap. Tell them what is happening. Some people do react badly to anti-depressants (I know I do). Don't let the GP convince you to stay on the Prozac. If you are having such a severe reaction as this you need to come off it. Also, it may be that you need further assessment. Some people become manic on anti-depressants (although you sound like you are having a mixed episode). I'm not a doctor, I've just done a lot of reading. Go back and speak to your GP and make them understand exactly what is happening to you.

• Posted

Thank you. I just got worse and worse and stopped taking them. Saw my phyciatric nurse yesterday and she said was the right thing to do to stop taking them.

These ssri type meds just make me go crazy and on a path of destruction. I've now lost my boyfriend as became paranoid and impulsive, didn't have any barrier or logic to my behavior and also lost it on social media posting all sorts of weird stuff, even to public groups about what I was convicted for. Completely losing the plot on meds. I'm still not right bit I have literally destroyed my life and now not sure how to come back, so down.

• Posted

Hi Yvonne, I am really sorry to hear about your breakup. Is the damage reparable?

Has the nurse suggested any other meds then? Or therapy? Or perhaps a new diagnosis? What is she doing to help you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.