Floaters

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i had a large floater about a week ago and now have radiating lines when closing and opening my eye has anyone had these symptoms

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeffrey.  Some months ago I was sitting in the car & I though a fly was in my eye, but it was a floater, I nearly passed out. Of course it was Sunday no Doctor or Optitions open, so Monday went to Dr.  told me go to get eye checked, did but receptionist  told me they were too busy to see me but then one of the girls took me on her lunch break, she confirmed I had a large floater and no more than you the bits and lines I was beginning to see was it breaking up.  She did say I was better to have had it checked as it could have been a retina tear & id be off to hospital.  So it sounds like what I had, but maybe for your peace of mind get optition to check it out.  Blooming scary thing.  Hope you are sorted soon but those lines etc., might last for a wee while.

• Posted

Hi jean did you have the lines when blinking and dissappeared as soon as you opened your eyes thanks jeff
  • Posted

Go to an optimist ASAP. I  went the next day and they operated within 36 hours. I still have floaters after 11/2 years. I had 2 retena tears.  How old are you?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.