Floaters after getting hit with a soccer ball? Help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Last Wednesday I got hit with a soccer ball in the eye very hard from probably 2 feet in front of me. All I could see was grey, nothing else in that eye. I went to the ER where they diagnosed me of a hyphema. They then put me on drops to dilate and bring down my in-ocular eye pressure. It's been 3 days since then and I almost have my vision back with a little bit of blurriness. And the only thing that is concerning me now is the floaters.

1. Will they go away? Or will I "Get used to them?"

2. Can they go away completely?

3. Will the blurriness go away?

I'm 16.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You have a badly bruised eye.. it may take a little while for everything to get back to normal. If you are concerned get yourself an appointment with your Opthamologist do they an take a closer look. 
    • Posted

Floaters are dead cells and they don't go away but you won't notice them.  You are looking for them at the moment.

And, as has already been said, see an Ophthalmologist [hospital eye doctor] if you are worried.

• Posted

But is there a chance that they're only "blood floaters" that will be absorbed in my eye and will go away in weeks to months? And that this is not a vitreous thing, but a blood thing?
    • Posted

If caused by the bleeding within your eye, it is likely that they will disappear, "normal" floaters tend to settle after a while..but don't disappear. As I mentioned before seen Ophthalmologist and he can tell you more and reassure you that the bleeding has stopped and the eye is healing properly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.