Floaters and Flashes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Have always had floaters but last week noticed a few new ones - one of them looks like an eyelash floating around in my eye!  At the same time I noticed that when it's dark and I move my head, I get a flash at the edge of my eye - this only happens when I move my head.  I went to the optician and had a thorough eye test including having my eyes dilated etc., and the optician said my eyes are fine.  I am a worrier and can't help thinking the worst.  Would like some reassurance!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I've had the exact same thing (just posted my own story in this forum) and optician said I was fine. This has been going on for 10 months for me and no change. It seems to be fairly common aslong as your eyes are ok there's nothing to worry about :-)

• Posted

i have this too. sometimes i see floaters and flashes. Flashes when im very tired and floaters particularly when i have a bout of anxiety or start thinking about them, i've been to opticians but they say nothing is wrong and it is normal, but i keep going back for a test every two years just to be on the safe side

• Posted

Your story reminds me so much of my own. I'm 53 and had developed eye floaters about 4 or 5 years ago. The doctors told me that they're harmless, but whoever has had them knows how annoying they are. They also said that I could have them "burned off" with laser surgery, but there was no way I was going to "burn" anything off my eyes! So I kind of accepted that my floaters were there to stay.

Then I came across this method (http:// bit. ly/2gqXPrM). Surely it looks very suspicious, but seeing that there's full money back guarantee, I figured I had nothing to lose. Well I was wrong - I did lose my floaters! Oh my god I still can't believe my floaters are gone and my vision is as pristine as it was 5 years ago. Hope it can help you too.

• Posted

Sue, this sounds like PVD. Go to an eye hospital. If you are anywhere near London then go to A&E at Moorfields.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.