Floaters - any solutions?

Posted , 5 users are following.

At the end of July I had Lasik eye surgery.

I now have fast moving floaters in both eyes, which are seriously impacting on my life. I have had a follow up examination which has shown no cause for concern, apparently I have just been unlucky. The consultant said they should drop to the bottom of my eye with time, but this could take many years.

It is hard to adapt to them when they are flying across my line of vision everytime I move my head.

I have researched many solutions via Google, all with mixed reviews.

I am currently taking a range of natural health supplements, including serrapteme enzyme. But wonder if this will all be in vain, due to the enclosed nature of the virtreous gel.

I have read positive reviews about "msm & silver drops" but am worried about putting drops in my eyes 2 months after surgery.

I was wondering if anybody could shed light on anything that has worked for them?

Many thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Don't try to self treat.  Have you been to your GP for advice?  I have heard of instances where people have had this done but then had to go to an NHS Ophthalmologist to deal with subsequent problems.

Good luck.

• Posted

Unfortunately you just usually have to try and get used to them. Very hard especially if you have anxiety. Sometimes if you dont worry about them the brain can tune them out. Would love to get rid of mine.
  • Posted

Really vitreous floaters are annoying, because they last for many years. The question is why the appear after LASIK? they are in the posterior part of the eye, while lasik is done anteriorly on the conea !

however, their shadows on retina ae significantly reduced if you use sun glasses. AND

It is adviced to check retina to rule out any retinal problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.