Floaters in eye

Posted , 5 users are following.

last Sunday out of the blue I got what was like a fly type black floater & with it some squiggly lines.  It lasted for a few minutes (which felt like an hour!) then it went but I had a headache, faint headache Mon, Tues & almost gone Wednesday. It's my right eye. Then to my delight - not,  I've got like white floaters back in my eye again and the headache is back, I don't know if it's the worry of it all that's giving me the headache but not totally & a sickie stomach.  Should I be worried - Thank you in advance.  Oh yes, I have had migraines over the past few years, since I turned 50, but not like Sundays happening.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I hink you need to see an ophthalmic dr at a walk in clinic to check the retina. I is just a precautionary measure.

• Posted

I am sure there should be some outpatient procedure you can go to on emergency as your local hospital .You can tell them that it is an emergency .If you need more advise then dont hesitate to contact me .Thinking of you and i wish you all the best .
    • Posted

Thank you for getting back to me, I have an appointment tomorrow to have it checked.  There's no change in my eyesight, I took a migraine tablet & headache is gone, its only now and again there are floaters.  Unlike migrain I don't see anything when I have my closed eyes.  with regards to hospital there is a normal waiting time of 9 hours!!  Now that would give me a bigger headache- lol.  Hopefully all will be grand.  Thanks again and Icecool for getting back to me.  Means a lot 

• Posted

Hi Karen.  Well seen GP, got full examination by optition who checked both eyes, two hours later including a wait for drops to dilate pupils, yes, I have a web like floater (which I knew I'm seeing it everyday!) but thankfully other than this my eye is perfect - glad some part of me is - lol.  But while she said she will check it again in a month & again after another month after this I should be cleared.  Now two reasons for posting, firstly I often wonder when someone has posted on here, how they got on but, myself included are not great at doing this & also to say "Thank you" for replying to me & giving me the push to go see about it.  Mind you I did forget to ask will it go away, but I was just so happy to not have anything more serious, but I suppose this is why a list of questions is good to bring with you when going for any medical appointment.

take care and thank you again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.