Floaters/lights in vision under the light, photophobia, retinal detachment?

Posted , 5 users are following.

For a long time I had irregular(not too often) colored or black 'flashes' in my eyes, a few other atypical things... A week ago or so I noticed I get a ton of something between whiite floaters/lights when i looked at the sky. It seems to be visible under the light only, on bright surfaces.Then since yesterday it seems I got photophobia, light seems to hurt my eyes, and looking at the sky directly is the worst for some reason. Is this retinal detachment?

Though not the most typical scenario, I hink what happened is my scoliosis affected the blood/pressure/oxygen flow in my body, which in turn affected my head(irregular symptoms like coldness, hotness, burning, pain in my head) etc and damaged my eyes somehow...I also have some not so big astigmatism supposedly.

My eyes seem funky now.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It could be a vitreous detachment are you getting a lot of flashing lights?
    • Posted

well as for the lights, i irregularly get them in the corners of my vision, sometimes there are small colored spots that may even follow vision for a while, changing colors until disappearing.

As for the flashing lights, when i look at bright surfaces i get these weird white or black moving around things, which seem to be neither normal floaters nor flashes, just tons of whitey dots jumping around mixed in with typical floaters....maybe only if i stare at things, like the sky.

I'm getting some more typical floaters under the light it seems, but nothing of the scale when i look at the sky.

• Posted

Well if I were you I would see a doctor as soon as you can. It may just be a vitreous detachment, but it could still be a retinal detachment and you don’t want to guess when it comes to your vision.
  • Posted

It sounds like a combination of blue field entopic phenomenon and a potential posterior Vitreous detachment. Let us know what the doctor says.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.