Floaters worse after dilation drops.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had laser for a retinal tear last March and everything eventually settled and I was feeling well.  On Monday past I had an appointment with the glaucoma clinic as at one of my eye casualty visits it was flagged up ? glaucoma.  Thankfully I don't have it, however, since my visit which was a one stop shop type of thing , I have noticed increased floaters and mild degree of blurred vision in one eye, interestingly not the one I had lasered previously but the other one.  Up until this point I had never any problem whatsoever with my left eye.   I am assuming its something to do with all the different drops they put in and the intense bright lights from the different machines they use for testing .  If its no better by beginning of next week I will go to the optician for a check up.  Just a bit disappointing after everything seeming to be settling ! Has anyone else experienced problems after eye examinations? Its too much of a coincidence given everything was totally normal until Monday.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I agree. My optition found a hole in my eye at the beginning of the year, I had no symptoms. After several visits to the hospital I see floaters all the time and never did before. I haven't had laser just have my hole monitored by dilation but I am convinced I didn't see any before.

• Posted

Thanks hol1983, its a bit upsetting when you think at last things are settling , only to be back almost to square one again.  Its a week now and the floaters are still there so think I will arrange an appointment with my Optician just to check it out.  Obviously my eyes were thoroughly checked last Monday so don't think its another tear, otherwise it would have been seen, but I cant help worrying .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.