Floating or sinking faeces

Posted , 6 users are following.

Sorry to be gross, but what should a healthy stool do, sink or float, I've always had floating ones 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

as far as i know sink but not really sure
  • Posted

Hi royalty

I heard a doctor speaking about that very subject of healthy stool on tv some time ago and he said, this is the word he used 'floaters' are the more healthy.......

• Posted

Well that's good news for me Lillian hahaha , you have a wealth of knowledge bless you, 

• Posted

Hi royalty

Soo happy to help....glad you got 'floaters'.....ha!

• Posted

Hi Lillian it's the only thing I am happy about haha but trying hard to keep positive x

• Posted

I heard they were suppose to sink. I had to change my diet due to floating stools and no i wasnt gassy but being gassy can cause floating stools.
    • Posted

What sort of things were you eating before that you have changed. Has your new eating made a difference to your stools. Yes I'm gassy I must admit since I've had all my probs going on in pain so much round left rib arms into and fight across lower back an acid reducing tab does nothing

• Posted

More fiber(carrots whole grains chia seeds broccoli) limited amount of red meat i eat (1 a month or not at all) and taking proboitics.
  • Posted

Stool should sink. If it floats there is too much fat in it, and therefore too much in your diet. 

aa

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.