Floating stomach pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

At least I guess that is the way to describe it. My stomach has hurt for the past 6/8 months. I asked my GP about it and told me it was GERD, and IBS. Having been diagnosed with IBS years ago, I am familiar with how it works, however it seems things have changed. I now have mild pain most every day all day. It can be relieved a little when I go to the bathroom, but it is still there. I have a bowel movement generally around 730 each morning.

Does anyone have constant abdominal pain? It may be on the left side, or on the right, generally not the entire stomach at any one time. It doesn't effect my sleep or anything like that. I have ordered some peppermint oil capsules to try, but not sure the pain is from spasms or what the deal is. Also for what it's worth my stool is flat on one side, not ribbon like, just flat on one side which I know can be IBS related.

Sorry if this is rambling just like to get peoples thoughts. I will be having my annual wellness check next month, so not going to the DR before then unless something dramatic happens.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

A wellness checkup is just a general checkup that will not adequately address your individual problem. Suggest you see a gastroenterologist.
    • Posted

Yep, I understand what a wellness checkup entails, thank you. I can't just go see a GI doctor, I have to have a referral. I don't want to go pay 100$+ for a office visit JUST for a referral so I will wait until the wellness checkup and get it then. 

• Posted

Hi,

I am also having stomach pain everyday all day been almost a year. did colonoscopy,ct scan,blood test but nothin and also been on meds.

since it didnt improve,i have resorted to try chinese traditional dr. he said there's a lot of trapped wind and told me to abstain from cold food/drinks, spice, sour food, "cold" food (there is yin yang in chinese gastronomy as food like radish,beansprout, watermelo,etc are cold) 

the pain has subsided

• Posted

Thank you Angie that's good to know and I'm glad that has worked for you. I will look into the Chinese approach as a friend of my wife is actually an MD who practices Chinese medicine as well. The good thing is the pain doesn't really limit my function I guess I have learned to live with it, but it's not any fun to feel like this all the time. Thank you for the reply.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.