Floating stool for 2 weeks, should I be concerned?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi there,

I can't decide if I should be concerned or not yet, but I've been experiencing floating stools for 2 weeks with no other symptoms. Everything appears to be normal besides that. I am in no pain, no unintentional weight loss, color is normal, I have about 1 drink per day, and nothing has changed with my diet. This just started all of the sudden.

Last year, I found out I was anemic, iron deficient, but I had also had the Paraguard IUD for a year before that, and had extremely heavy periods for a long time. I became pregnant soon after my anemia diagnosis, so my OB tested and said I was within the normal pregnancy anemic range they allow. I'm not sure if I am still anemic now that I no longer have the Paraguard IUD, so I'm not sure if the anemia is related to any of this or not unfortunately.

Based on my Google searches, floating stools are usually caused by: gas, intolerances, and problems with the pancreas.

I doubt it to be gas for 2 weeks consistently.

The color is normal, so I don't believe it to be pancreas related.

So maybe some kind of food intolerance???

If you've read this far, THANK YOU. I get a bit obsessive with my health so I have a lot on my mind. lol.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

update.

CBC, vitamin D, folate, B12, carotene, and iron are all normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.