Flomax causing AFib?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone had an AFib attack after starting Flomax to treat their BPH?  If you check the post marketing data from Bohreinger Englheim, the manufacturer, over 700 cases have been reported since 2004.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Edited

I developed Afib after being on Flomax for typical prostrate problems. A few years later I developed Afib. No one even hinted at it being due to being on Flomaz. I only discovered the known causal relationship after I took myself off the stuff when a urologist told me that it was causing retrograde ejaculation. Still no one said boo about Afib. I became curious about a possible causation issue when I came out of a months long episode just three days after I took myself off the stuff. I did a minimal search via Google and only then learned what my doctors should have known; Flomax is known to cause Afib. It is arguably an infrequent side effect, but when you develop Afib after being on Flomax why wouldn't a doctor consider taking you off the stuff. When I took myself off of it, we were looking into an ablation.

• Posted

I'm taking something similar to Flomax Silodosin generic Rapaflo I've asked my primary physician my cardiologist and urologist they all said wouldn't affect a fib like you i have my doubts i know these meds will cause heart palpitations at times mostly at night if you have BPH what are you belong to do!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.