Flooding

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can any of you ladies describe the pattern of flooding you had. Did it come and go? Did it happen after spotting? Would it happen one time then nothing for a day or so then happen again. I would appreciate anything you could tell me about your experiences. Thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bassilli,

I'm 47 and in peri for 5 years. My periods are getting farther apart after being like clockwork for my whole menstrual life. I've had 3 separate incidents in the last 2 years of extremely heavy flooding for most of my period . The pattern for me was the following each time: after not having a period for 65-95 days, I'd begin to spot brown for a couple of days, then what seemed like a normal period would come on, then kind of stall out, then a day or two later the flooding would begin and last 2 weeks. So essentially I'd have a period for 17 days each time this happened. I couldn't leave the house for fear of bleeding through my clothes. I also experienced heavy cramps with these periods. I did become anemic and had to take prescribed iron from my natural wellness doctor and I also received a 4 week IV iron infusion treatment the last time it happened. I do experience some heavy flooding when I have a "normal" period (they are all over the place--I never know when I'm due for one). In this case I may experience 3-4 days of flooding with an 8-10 day period when my cycle is around 45 days or so. However the longer I go between periods the heavier the period and flooding when it finally arrives .

I'm sorry you are dealing with this! Please know you are not alone!! Big hugs--Sarah

• Posted

I had the flooding and then some normal periods, the spotting came later for me after the flooding episodes stopled x

• Posted

Hi

I had bleeding and flooding non stop for 2 1/2 months (this was over 2 years ago) I had biopsies and ultrasounds and eventually I had a Mirena coil fitted. I couldn't stand being made a slave to the everyday fear of flooding, anxious to go out etc.

I only get occasional spotting now, still get cramps and other peri symptoms but for me it has been very successful.

• Posted

Hi , i have been in peri 2 years i am 47 nearly 48. I have had one episode of flooding which came following 7 weeks without a period but, like you it would be normal then flood for a few days then light then flood, it lasted 27 days 😦, thank goodness i have only had one this bad . I have no pattern either i am a little all over the place 3 weeks between then 6/7 weeks. Spotting in between then no spotting, light period then heavy period. xx

• Posted

Oh the flooding is awful! I am 49, no period for 6 months and then 2 really heavy periods 6 weeks apart, lasting nearly 2 weeks each. The clots and pain were terrible. The bleeding was so heavy I used 4 sanitary pads at a time(changing every hour). Very difficult coping with this while at work😔 Have GP appointment later today!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.