Flooding period

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Ladies, 

Not feeling great at the moment!

I started my period 2 days ago and my oh my the flooding is terrible. A towel is not lasting me no more than 2hrs and clots it is really scary and also have a very dry mouth is this connected?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha

Sorry to hear you're not feeling great.. I can't comment on the "dry mouth" but I can relate to the heavy bleeding as I too have just come off a period which seemed to go on for ever with 2 or 3 days in the middle being really heavy :-( and not wanting to go anywhere for worrying of "leaking "

However was wondering if you or anyone else has the "feeling of coming on " even after their period is ending or ended ??

I'm 43 and believe I'm peri menopausal due to irregular periods, anxiety, low mood, weight gain. Increased ibs!

How old are you ? If you don't mind me asking ?

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

I am 45 and found out in March, im in the perimenopause phase.

This is my first proper period since having my mirena coil out, as i had this to slow down my periods before as i was really heavy!

Day 3 of flooding and feeling drained!! i will see how i go over the weekend. I might have to have the mirena coil put back in as i cannot do this every month.

Sharon you may be in the perimenopausal phase, i believe i was in it years ago. 

Good luck :-)

• Posted

Thanks Samantha for your reply.

How awful for you I thought our periods are supposed to get easier as we get older lol but obviously they need make their stand before going altogether ggrrrr!!!

Do you suffer from ibs ? As I'm finding it hard to tell what's a ibs cramp and what's a period/ peri menopausal cramp as my ibs flares up too with anxiety.. and I do believe I'm in peri too like you said x

• Posted

Hi Sharon,

They say it gets easier, probably when we are through the menopause. I am so looking forward to this. 

No i don't suffer with ibs. I do suffer with anxiety though.

How i found out that i was in the peri phase, i had terrible joints pain, and i ached all the time, insomnia, anxiety, night sweats, the list goes on and just was not my self. My doctor done a blood test as i have an underactive thyroid too and told me my Fsh levels was high this was done three times, and showed i was in menopause phase.

This website site is amazing and glad i found this, as it is good to know you really are not alone. 

Have a great day :-)

• Posted

Hi Samantha,

Wow it sounds like you have been through the mill., glad you found out it was peri tho, one doc I went to said he can't do test for a few years as it's not very accurate and another doc said they can do the test for peri but I would need to come off the mini pill for 3 mths as it would interfere with the result lol so I think I'm going to come off the pill but of course I'm then going to be concerned as my periods could be even worse !!! It's a mind field no wonder we have anxiety. Thanks again and you have a great day too. And you're right this site can be so helpful in finding help and advice that our own docs can't often give. X

• Posted

Hi Samantha I too have had horrendous periods really heavy using two towels at a time and sleeping on a towel I missed two periods Feb and march and then April and may havebeen awful with clots aswell I really sympathise with you because it is an awful feeling dearnt go anywhere because its so heavy it leaves me feeling really drained 😩😬xxx

• Posted

Hi Nanette,

It is terrible! I too have been sleeping on a towel.....this is day 3 for me and still going strong!......i have never experienced flooding as bad as this beforesad..... and i was coming home on a flight and ran out of towels it was horrible.

From now on I am going to carry around an extra pair of undies due to this. I hope this does not last to long :-)

All the best to you too :-)

• Posted

Hi Samantha we sound exactly the same I darent go anywhere when it's my period because it's so heavy I too thought it would be easier towards menopause but they are definitely worse leaves you feeling run down and drained I seem to pick everything up aswell like colds etc which just makes it worse pls keep in touch it does help to speak to other ladies going through the same 😊😩xxx

• Posted

Hi Nanette,

Thank you for your message :-)

Day 7 and feeling much better so glad i am coming to the end of my cycle. Now i know what to expect next time, i shall be prepared :-) 

Have a good day x

• Posted

Hi Samantha thanks for the reply I feel like I'm goin to have a period soon should be due to start around the 11th of the month if one comes who knows still getting the hot sweats and various other symptoms feelin tired and worn out with it all had a cold for 2 weeks such a rollercoaster 😔Will let you know how I get on are you in the uk xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.