Floxed in April, but now I'm gradually recovering

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all

I got floxed in early April and I thought I’d post an update and some things I did which might of helped my recovery, I don’t think I’ll fully recover, but I am better than I was in April!

I was on Ciprofloxin for 2 weeks, after I stopped taking them about 2 weeks afterwards I started having major symptoms, these included massive insomnia, only sleeping about 2-3 hours a night if that, paranoia, body tremors, I couldn’t grip things with my hands, lack of strength in my left leg, couldn’t hardly walk, fatigue so bad, I was bed ridden / house bound for 10 weeks off work and lost over 2 stone in weight.

Naturally, I went to my doctors who wouldn’t believe me kept saying it was anxiety and practically in my head, I accepted the antidepressants offered, but I knew I was pretty much on my own for anything further medically relating to this matter.

I read on here of a few pointers of possible do and don'ts. It can be guess work, as there isn’t any real path of guidance in this matter. I started taking collagen, it’s not cheap a bottle, but I feel it might of helped. I took multi vitamins, Magnesium & coQ10. I stopped taking alcohol and didn’t use any Anti-inflammatory drugs. I also used probiotics for a month, again not cheap at all, but I felt it was important to get good bacteria into my gut prompty after the Cipro probably destroyed it all. If you do go down this route do expect some stomach upset during the early stages.

I felt that any stress made things worse, so trying no to stress out is important, if you are up to it, get some exercise you feel comfortable with.

I can only compare myself to today and what I felt like in April and I have to say I am a lot better. I am not 100%, probably never will be, but if you are floxed, don’t give in have hope that you might improve, I know easier said than done, because I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.