Flu and alcohol

Posted , 5 users are following.

Folks,

new to this Flu stuff. Have read the sheet witht eh tabs and it said nothing about taking it and still drinking alcohol so I am curious if this is a bad combination or just \"not good\".

Don't drink a lot but I do like the odd glass of wine with dinner.

Ta!

Lelly.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

DEAR LELLYM

I HAVE BEEN ON 'FLO' FOR 10 WEEKS, I ALSO DIDN'T READ ON THE LEAFLET WITH THE PILLS ANYTHING ABOUT DRINKING ALCOHOL!

I ALWAYS HAVE A GLASS A WINE WITH MY DINNER NAD ALSO A SHERRY

FOR 'MY NERVES'. I HAVEN'T HAD ANY ILL EFFECTS YET, BUT I DERN'T

OVER INDLUGE

LOVE

PRINN

• Posted

Dear LellyM,

I am starting my 5th week on Flu tomorrow and I haven’t had a drop of alcohol ever since I took my first pill.

I think it is really important to let the medicine ‘kick in’ before you have any alcohol at all. I still can’t say that I am feeling the effects of my medicine and that’s why I have been really careful with alcohol. I know it’s not suppose to work well with Flu as it is an anti depressant and alcohol is a depressant.

Be careful  I used to have a drink 2-3 times a week, sometimes I got drunk.! But I don’t miss it bady. It’s nice to have a clear head and to try to beat this depression without alcohol and hangovers 

Lots of love, P

• Posted

Thanks!

I think I will cut out the alcohol apart from 1 glass of vino rosso on a Friday night.

Won't do the waistline any harm either.

I just want the damned Flu to start working before I go mad.

BTW has anyone else experienced a sort of itching? I feel like I have fleas or something!

• Posted

Lelly M,

Please let me know how you feel having small quantities of alcohol as I do want to start having a drink or two again at some point.

Good luck 4-8 weeks go quicker than you imagine!

Love P xx

• Posted

Hi Pumpkin9

I've been on flu a year. I didn't have a drink for the first 4 weeks then introduced it slowly. 1/4 glass of wine a night. Up until last week (trying to be good) i've been having a glass of wine a night, two a night at the weekend and have been fine. Everyone is different though. If i go out and have more then the next day i feel bad but i always have suffered. It depends on the individual but i don't see anything wrong with having a glass of wine if you don't have any ill effects. It doesn't say anything in the information with flu which i do find strange.

Hope you're okay today and some of the above makes sense.

SamB

• Posted

Right, I can now say that 1 glass of wine / G&T or whatever is OK. Made me feel a lilttle more tipsy than normal but otherwise fine.

however, 2 glasses and I felt dreadful. Room spinning, felt sick, couldn't sleep. So now I know. The odd single glass will still be partaken but no more.

• Posted

i had 3 glasses of wine and a malibu and coke and them ebaressingly threw up all over my friends table at her engagement party! i was promply put in a cab and sent home, where i then passed out on the sofa for 8 hours whoops!! dont help cos u dont have appetite so nothing to soak it up with.
  • Posted

Hey ive not been as smart as you guys and cut out the drinking. but word of warning alcohol and flu are lethal on a \"normal\" night out with friends. You end up waay more drunk than usual, loose memory of what happened, and have a killer hangover where its impossible to even drink water.
  • Posted

Hi

Been on Flu for three weeks now and dont have any side effects, which is fantastic and seem to be dealing with thingswith more ease. Didn't know that you weren't supposed to drink on them so been drinking as usual. I always have a glass of red with every evening meal and also maybe a beer or even a second glass of wine and have had no side effects at all. Must be one of the lucky ones.

Must say one of the best anti depressants I have ever experienced.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.