Flu and cold during periods

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI!

Does anyone get sick with fever, cold, sneezing during or after periods? I am in the thick of perimenoapuse and my whole life has come to a standstill since Dec. 2013. with unbearably horrible symptoms. i have been having these flu symptoms since January 2016.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Your a bit like me. Since December I don't know what has happened to me. Looking back over the last 5 months it seems unreal.
  • Posted

Whenever I get a cold, it's always during a period... it's been that way for a few years now
  • Posted

I always feel like I am getting fluey. In fact..since peri really kicked in (i am 48) about 6 months ago, I have had a headcold every 2 months. Coincidence? Or another peri symptom. sad
  • Posted

As far as i have read on the internet, it seems some women get these symtoms even if they are not in peri. All i can think of is strengthening my immunity with extra dose of Vitamin C, Echinacea and other immunity boosters. Since peri started at full swing i can't eat salads or raw veggies. I need to eat more fruits i guess. One more symtom to my growing list sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.