Flu and PR is breaking me down

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a caucasian female, 34 with sensitive skin. It all started when I noticed a zit on my left shoulder blade. I didn't think anything of it so I applied tea tree oil hoping it would dissapear. Until it started to itch like nothing I've experienced before. It was drying out but getting bigger, about the size of a quarter. I knew something wasn't right but put it off. Around 10 days after I noticed the patch, is when my chest got red and extremly itchy with tiny dots. The next day I noticed that the tiny dots spread on my upper chest and on the side of my torso. The following day I was diagnosed with PR by my Dr. I was given advice that it would go away without treatment and he gave me taro-mometasone cream for the itch. The cream did nothing. A few days after seeing the Dr. The spots got bigger and more spread out. I am currently 3 weeks in and now they are also on my back, my butt crack, my arm pitts, behind my knees and between my upper thighs.

What topped it up and made me hit rock bottom and break down was I got the flu. Has anyone else experienced the flu with PR? I got the flu 6 days after seeing the Dr. From what I've read it doesn't sound common. I had a dry throat, body aches, congestion and a runny nose. My flu only lasted 3 days but it came and went quick and forceful. It was awful.

My regimen is using head and shoulders-deep moisture with Luke warm water. Goats milk soap. I apply coconut oil 2x a day with a mixture of lavender oil, peppermint oil, and tea tree oil after I get out of the shower. The peppermint oil cools it down. I take sovereign silver when I wake up and go to bed. I take vitamin D, C, calcium/magnesium that has zinc in it. I wanted another option on my skin so I found a local make-up boutique that sells this amazing lotion line. I'd recommend it, if you can get it. It's my saving grace. CV skinlabs is advanced natural ingredients for burned or wounded treatments. The store swears that it is a staple for cancer patients. It's a little pricy but I'm willing to try anything! I use the rescue + relief spray. If I have a flare up from irritation from my clothes, when I spray it on the rash it stops itching. This is the only thing I found that gives me relief the longest. They also have a balm that I carry with me everywhere I go. I hydrate with hot water (mostly when I had the flu) and cold water.

I'm so over this! I am hoping I'm at the worst phase and it'll be better soon. They say this is common but I don't know anyone else that had this and they don't know anyone who did either. So reading everyones stories gives me hope. Thank goodness for stumbling on this site. Thanks for taking the time to read my story.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain. I reduced mine to 7 weeks in the end. Didn’t have flu but did have throat issues. Lots of things to suggest they are related but not enough funding to find out the correlation. I spend mine up with panthenol spray. I got from eBay. 10% minimum. It cleared me up in days after using that. I swear that’s what sorted it. 

Good luck. I know how horrible it is

Amanda xx

• Posted

It really does get better before it gets worse. A few days ago the itching drastically reduced and I finally was able to get some sleep. As of today my red patches have dried up and there isn't as many as before. If I get hot, I notice I still itch but no where at the level as before. Way more managable now. I think I'm in the clear. I added using a tanning bed for 7 mins every day after I posted this and I think that helped but who knows with everything I tried. The cv skinlabs products were my saving grace with the itch. I am just relieaved this is done. Hang in there it does eventually go away.

• Posted

To be honest with you I've tried everything under the sun to get PR relief and the only thing that worked and cleared it up quick fast and in a hurry was prreeze. I'd highly recommend it!

• Posted

For me it took about 45 minutes but it worked as advertised and gave me the relief i so desperately needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.