Flu and Temazepam

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone

I was just wondering whether it's paranoia on my part but.......has anyone taken Temazepam and flu?

My mood plummeted last Wedenesday (that's when i started taking it to help me sleep) - hence a lack of posts on my part - and is only just starting to move slowly back up, i think. Didn't take it last night as dosage is limited as drug is addictive.

MP

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Meganpooch...i've had no experience with this drug so can't offer anything helpful...just didn't want you to think you were being ignored!! Hopefully someone will be along soon who can relate to your experience x
  • Posted

Thanks Juppster, you caring and thoughtful person.

I know it can be very disheartening not to receive a reply.

Think i'm an odd case, most people take Zopiclone. Ah well it was just a thought.

Still down 'there' and hope to come up for air soon.

Just have to be patient.....gggrrrrrrrrr.

x :roll:

• Posted

Just replied to the other thread about flu and sleeping tabs. I took temazapam very occasionally but it didn't really help me much and was reluctant to take them. I changed to a more sedative AD (trazodone) but although I slept better, it didn't do much for the underlying depression. I took zopiclone when I was in hospital and they certainly made me sleep! (especially once I'd started on amitriptyline as well, LOL).

Hope you start heading back up again soon - it's such a horrible feeling, and knowing that it passes is not much comfort.

• Posted

Hi Gretchel

Thanks for your input. Was beginning to think i was alone on this one.

Everyone will react differently to the various sleeping tabs out there...that's just human nature.

It's always the way - one med will help one problem but not another.

At least at the weekend i can catch up on some shut eye and i have some time off soon. Have to grab the opportunities when you can.

Are you reasonable at the moment? Are you on AD's now?

Thanks again

Best wishes. x :wink:

• Posted

Hi Meganpooch (btw is your name accurate, ie do you really have a dog called Megan? if so, snap!)

Yes, I'm doing ok at the moment - still ups and downs but better than I have been. I'm on amitriptyline at the moment - now that is a sedative AD! - I have woken early today as I have a lot to think about just now, but generally I sleep like a log on them. I started on flu about a year ago, changed to trazodone about last September, then had venlafaxine added in November, then was admitted to hosp in January and switched over to amitriptyline while I was there. Apart from the weight gain it seems to be helping (and even the fact that I'm bothered by the weight gain is a good sign, I think, because I couldn't care less before, and in fact welcomed anything that might jeopardise my health).

How about you? Is this your first time on ADs? I hope things start getting better for you soon. Take care of yourself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.