Flu/Cold

Posted , 4 users are following.

Over 4 weeks ago I started with a really sore throat, within 24 hours I was aching from head to foot, severe sweating and no energy and this continued for several days.  Took paracetamol and rested at home.  Several days later a cough started and since then I have experienced blisters in my throat (went to the walk in centre but as they were infected no antibiotics could be perscribed).  Was told to continue with Ibuprofen/paracetamol, plenty of water).  I purchased Nuramol from the chemist and have been taking these since (for a week now).  4 weeks from this all starting I'm now back at having a congested head cold and still a chesty cough.  I haven't been to the Doctors as I have a feeling they will advise to continue with strong Ibuprofen/paracetamol and it will take longer due to my immune system being low but over 4 weeks later and I still have it - any recommendations or should it now be time to visit the GP (although can never get an appointment)??

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry blisters *weren't* infected.
  • Posted

I think you might want to see a GP as this has been going on for awhile now. Good luck, feel better soon.
  • Posted

I'm surprised you haven't made an appt to see your GP.  If it takes a long time to get an appt., make it now, you can always cancel it if you don't need it.

Don't they have an on-call doctor?

• Posted

Of course it's time to visit the GP. You must not suffer so much time because it's awful condition, I know... Friendly speaking I always try to take only natural remedies such as drink more water (lemon tea, raspberry tea, tea with mint) and gargling with salt and a drop of iodine. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.