Flu jab

Posted , 3 users are following.

I take 2.5mg of Ramipril with little or no side effects, I am 48 yrs old and ramipril has lowered my BP to safe level. I have been offered a flu jab-should I have it?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i think you should have the flu jab, if i were offered it i would have it. The Dr wouldnt offer if he didnt think it worth you having. Your health is everything so have it .
  • Posted

Ask the Dr whether he would have the flu jab himself and whether he would offer it to his own family. Then decide.
  • Posted

I'm taking 10mg Ramipril with very few side effects. On Saturday I had the flu jab - very little to report - slight soreness of the arm on Sunday morning and that's it. Have it - the reassurance it brings is good for your BP!

Regards...David

• Posted

I have recently started taking 2.5 mg Ramipril which quickly lowered my BP to a safe level. I had the seasonal flu jab in my left arm and swine flu jab in my right 2 days later. It made me feel very sleepy for a couple of days and my right arm muscle is still aching after 3 days although my left arm is fine.

Apart from that no other side effects and I feel my health is now better protected.

• Posted

I would not have blind faith in anyone, least of all the medical profession. They killed my father and then my mother through various incompetence and neglect, and not a thing we can do about it.

I used to have the flu jab but the swine flu jab and the way it has been rushed in has made me question anyhting I take. In swine flu we are definitely the guinea pigs.....

DON'T take anything unless you really MUST. If you regularly get flu (real flu) then take a jab, but as a last chance effort. Most of us don't regularly get anything, so don't take anything until you do. *prevention is better than cure* does NOT apply to taking untried and tested drugs.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.