Flu like or malaise feeling

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi together.

I am 28yo male from Czech republic. Sorry if my english is not good enough. I have been on Mirtazapine since middle February, that means almost 3 months. Before that I was taking Trazodone. On both trazodone and mirtazapine I feel pretty ill. Like flu like malaise. Very tired, fatigued. Does anybody else have the same experience? Thank you all for answers

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I think you have posted before about this

These are both anxiety symptoms and a medication side effect.

Go back and see you doctorredface

• Posted

Hi neogenx

it could be that your dose needs adjusting. Do you take your tablet every day without missing any? The only reason I'm asking is, when I adjust the dose or forget my tablet, I feel exhausted and have flu like symptoms. Not sure if you drink, but drinking with mirtazipine can make you feel poorly too. I think three months is enough time to know if mirtazipine is going to work for you. I would go back to your doctor and ask him to review your meds as you are still feeling unwell.

don't leave it neogenx, get yourself better with something that works for you.

Wishing you better and a speedy recovery ♥♥

• Posted

Thank you. I take my pills regularly. The point is that I recovered from almost all the problems I had - I sleep much better, I eat pretty well, I have no panic attacks, no crying spells, ... but this persistent flu like feeling makes me really crazy. It is very difficult to stay at work ... but I have to.
    • Posted

What dose are you on neogenx? It may be the dose needs adjusting a little bit ♥
    • Posted

Hi neogenx

it might be you need a minor adjustment to your meds. It's great that come here for advice, we are all in the same boat and understand how you are feeling. Don't suffer needlessly, it's worth another chat with your gp. Keep posting and I really wish you relief from your symptoms ♥

• Posted

Thank you for kind words. Would like to get rid of this feeling since it is almost the only one that holds me in place. Need to become my old me if you know what I mean.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.