Flu like symptoms

Posted , 9 users are following.

I woke this morning with what I can only describe as flu like symptoms. Achey body,headache,warm to the touch,backache and no energy. I know this sounds like I'm clutching at straws but could this be another symptom of menopause of could it be the start of the flu? I live in spain and the weather is nice.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If it's only started today but you didn't have those symptoms yesterday, I'd be inclined to think it was a cold/flu/virus.  Although the weather is nice it could be any of those things.  Make sure you rest, have plenty fluids, and take some paracetamol to reduce your temperature.  Hopefully it will pass over in a few days, but see a doctor if it doesn't, or if you feel worse x

• Posted

Hi Bev,

It's hard to say for sure, it could be the flu but I've noticed every month I have a day or 2 where I feel like Im coming down with the flu, I get slight chills, like I have a fever and body aches....then it just goes away, I've come to the conclusion for me it's hormones and has something to do with where I am in my monthly cycle.

Hope you feel better.

• Posted

Do you have a fever? If so, it’s probably flu.

My main symptom with peri is feeling like I have the flu, by far the worse symptom, but I never have a fever, in fact my temp is below normal. 

Hopefully yours is just a little big and will go away with rest!

• Posted

No fever yet just very achey and tired
  • Posted

Dear bev

One of my menopause symptoms didbseem like I felt fluey at times and this did come and go x

• Posted

This is one symptom I haven't had lol only just got free of weird pain in my left breast and shoulder and now this 🙈🙈🙈

• Posted

Yes the symptoms come and go, im two and a bit years post meno and I still get the odd thing but not as bad as ehen first in peri x
  • Posted

Well, it can certainly be the flu regardless of weather. Influenza is a respiratory virus so it really doesn't matter what the season is. 

Of course it's also possible that it's something other than the flu. Either way, I hope you feel better soon and get good rest! smile

• Posted

Check your pllen level, but it is most probably very high. It is the end of March and allergies are here. I never had allergies before peri, now spring, summer and fall are horrible. I get tension in my neck and shoulders, muscle and joint pain, stuffed ears and back sinuses and high pulse. Especially in the mornings. It all looks like a flu.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.