Flu-like symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been getting flu-like symptoms since dropping Mirtazapine, also VERY VERY tired.

5+ weeks now, not really sure. Maybe 6.

Anyone relate?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Are you completely off mirtazapine now?  I’m off it 8 weeks and some days I’m so exhausted I can’t get out of bed then other days I’m in so much anxiety and panic that I’m hyper

Hate these withdrawals 

• Posted

Completely off it yeah.

Was off it for 3 months 6 months ago, reinstated for a while at a really low dose, and now off it for 5 weeks again.

Did you taper or go cold turkey?

• Posted

I tapered over five months which was hard now it’s the head pressure that is the worst I feel so disoriented sometimes and the pain at the top of my head is awful 

I have windows and waves but this past week only had waves and my hair is falling out which doesn’t help my anxiety 

Have you had any bad withdrawal symptoms 

• Posted

Yes, me and dropping Mirtazapine from 15mgs, now on 7.5mgs and going to stay on for another couple of weeks, then will cut to 3.5mgs for 2 weeks. My Psychiatrist wants to swap me on to another drug hence reason for cutting. I am also on 40mgs of Citalopram, hence reason for not swapping now. Yesterday I felt so tired like I had flu and my limbs were aching. Additionally, my sleep is poor. I go to sleep easily but wake up and can't go back to sleep. I just want to feel normal again. Am I tapering too slowly as I really want to get off this drug?

• Posted

It’s difficult for me to say as I’ve came off mirtazapine and refused any other AD I hate them 

I feel very anxious but my head is clearer than it has been for a couple of years apart from when my waves come 

Anyway your tapering great and I hope you find peace within soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.