Flu Like Symptoms? Wtf.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I keep getting these symptoms in cycles, I feel so fatigued as if I can't stay awake, I get bad confusion, and full body aches with a chill. Feel ok for a few days, then they come again.. It's usually after I exert myself. For instance, I went to the gym last week, and the days following I felt so bad. 

I went to the doctor, got a big blood panel, thyroid is great, all my counts are normal. I'm healthy. Negative for lyme disease. (though I know 50 percent of tests flag negative)

Anyone ever have something like this? I know of chronic fatigue syndrome.. but that seems to last a lifetime and is pretty miserable. I don't know.. is this in my head? That would be pretty awful because even close friends are noticing a change in me. I just find it hard to believe after having anxiety for years that all of a sudden a month ago, I could start getting cyclic flu symptoms. Maybe it's a heart problem.. I do get cold hands and feet often. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Badluckj ... I suffer almost the same like you. Currently I am on Cipralex and Mirtazapin for GAD. Every single day I have these feelings, all the tests done, everything OK. The difference is that I get these feelings really every day, not only days after exercising. And what is strange - the symptoms are worse in the morning and it gets better as the day goes by.
  • Posted

you could just generally be run down and need to rebuild yourself internally.
  • Posted

Do you rememeber the day this all began? Can you recall how you felt or what was going on in your life, relationship , life before this stared? If you could give yourself one treatment..what would it be? Think about it. What picture comes to your mind of you happy and feeling well..what surrounds you? Where do you live? Who is by your side? 
  • Posted

Hey. You aren't coming off of any medication or going on any at the moment are you? I was getting the same symptoms when I was withdrawing and when I was starting up Zoloft. I also had a bunch of tests ran on me. Blood panel, MRI of the brain bc I was suffering from headaches, chest x-ray, ekg. You name it. I got it.

I wouldn't worry yourself and Google things. It's the worst thing to do. I have cold hands and feet all the time. My heart is as healthy as it can be.

It is likely you are coming down with something. I live in NYC and the weather is flip flopping causing everyone to feel run down.

• Posted

Well the issue is it seems to happen after exercise which is a marker of chronic fatigue syndrome ..have you guys ever got that? I live in my also
    • Posted

The flu is still going around ny. Type b. The weather is too irradic between cold, wet, warm then stormy..and allergy counts are very high.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.