Flu/pneumonia jab messed up my recovery

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I've been messing with my dose for months but for two weeks I've been on 7.5 from 10 mg citalopram. I intend staying on 7.5 this time. I already had increased anxiety from doing so but I had the flu/pneumonia jab on Friday (had a nasty chest infection last Christmas and had two lots of antibiotics that messed with my med) and since then I have had even more anxiety. I only went for the flu jab but was offered both. The side effects of the jabs were very painful arm causing sleep problems (although this has eased now), stiff shoulders and neck. lightheadedness, headache, tiredness, nausea, cold like nasal symptoms. All of these symptoms are similar to anxietysymptoms that I have had and was currently experiencing in any case. It's a real set back and I feel it is going to prolong my recovery. Has anyone else had the flu jab whilst having citalopram withdrawal effects?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lina,hopefully you will stay on one dose ,otherwise you will get withdrawal symptoms every time that you keep changing your dosage.One of your dosage changing will cause anxiety as your body will not work as well .

• Posted

Thanks for your response Marsh. Yes I know you are right, I'm staying on 7.5 because I realise I cannot manage anxiety on my own. The jabs have set me back though, my hearing is affected today, just like you get when you have a cold. I feel I have a bit of a temperature too. Wish I hadn't bothered.๐Ÿ‘

• Posted

sorry you are not feeling great but probably not do with your jabs as the flu vacc takes 2 weeks to kick in, maybe you were coming down with something anyway or it may have given your anxiety something to feed on? most likely though your dose change side effects

• Posted

Hi Sue

No, I'm sure it's the jabs I had on Friday. Saturday I was so cold I had to go to bed to get warm with more clothes on than usual. Later than night I had to throw everything off me because I was so hot. I was delirious also. Today the ears started, wasn't hearing so good this morning and have had this weird echoing in my ears every time I speak, never had that before. Still feeling hot at times too. Hopefully it will pass soon and I can to go back to my more recognisable withdrawal symptoms lol. Thanks for your post๐Ÿ˜Š

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.