Flu Shot

Posted , 5 users are following.

On August 10, 2016 I decided to get the Flu shot but was due until next month nonetheless, I had gotten this shot, in a few hours not only did my arm hurt but I started have bad muscle/back pains, and now it's the 23rd of August and I still am feeling these back pains. What the heck is this? I've taken Ibrup and still discomfort in my left and right side of my upper shoulder blades. Has anyone experienced this? If so how long? And what did you take to eliviate the pain?

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi there

I had this years flu shot 10-11 hours ago and am getting the same thing but on my upper right. This is where my kidneys are located and boy does it hurt and ache! I have had the flu jab for many many many years now and attribute these temporary pains as a good immune response. I'm also feeling achy all over, joints hurt, sneezing, headache and nausea but all relatively mild symptoms compared to the real illness if I caught the flu for real. If you are still suffering, I'd advise you to see your GP to explore whether you have pulled a muscle or have a UTI/kidney infection. I hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Some people do experience MILD symptoms after having the flu vaccination. If the reaction is more severe, I would advise discussing the matter with you GP.
  • Posted

Had my flu jab on Wednesday 25th October ( 2 days ago )Within a couple of hours experienced mild aches and a headache. The following day yesterday I woke with awful back pain, a more generalised mild pain and headache. Paracetamol took the worst of it off. Then this morning every muscle, bone and joint in my body aches. It feels like someone is twisting my back. My kidney and groin area hurts. My body feels like someone is sticking pins in me from the inside. My eyes feel like lead weights and my head is throbbing. Luckily I'm on annual leave today. Hope this clears soon.

• Posted

I think that you are experiencing unusual and severe symptoms.

It would be worth discussing these with your GP to decide if you should be vaccinated next year.

I had my flu shot a couple of weeks ago. I had a cold at the time and did not notice any other symptoms.

Hope you recover soon.

All the best

• Posted

Thanks for the reply. Paracetamol have been alleviating the discomfort for 3 hours. As I had my last paracetamol of the day at 9pm and I slept for 3 hours it's now going to be long night!

Still have all the same symptoms. Pain just moving around my upper torso but mainly in my back travelling up and down, right side of diaphragm and triceps! Hope this does not last as long as the original poster.

• Posted

Paracetamol is a moderate analgesic and tends to be effective.

Sounds like something is affecting the nerves.

I would encourage you to discuss these symptoms with your GP because if they are due to the flu jab, and it sounds like they are, then a discussion needs to undertaken to assess whether you should be vaccinated against flu in future years.

I would think twice about having the jab if I was suffering as you are. I would discuss these matters with my GP.

Best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.