Flu side effects - 1 week in

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi All

Just over a week on Flu and side effects getting worse!

Feel faint (thought I was going to pass out in shops), nausea, exhausted (but slept for 2 hours this morning), also feeling more depressed and confused than I was before I started the tablets!!!!

Can someone let me know this is normal please as thinking about stopping the tablets if this carries on.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey BM

I just wanted to let you know that in my experience...the tablets do make you feel worse before you feel better. I am now on week 7 and only over the last 3 days have i began to feel a lift and the side effects are diminishing. Of course, everyone reacts differently and if you are really struggling and don't think the tablets are suiting you then go back to your doctor.....but i did feel ALOT worse before i started to feel better....i hope this reassures you a little.

Take care and let us know what you decide to do x

• Posted

Thank you for replying juppster.

Just wanted to know this was normal really.

Will give it a go for a while longer then.

Kind regards, BM x

• Posted

Hi BM

I can really feel for you. The first few weeks can be horrible. :roll:

You are a strong person as the weak don't get depression and you will get through this.

I'm in my 5th month of taking flu and it really is worth it......eventually.

Chin up, take care and best wishes.

x :wink:

• Posted

hi BM

Keep going. I am in week 15 and just beginning to level out and feel the benefits of taking Flu. The first 5 weeks were awful. I felt very low, couldn't sleep and had no appetite. Yes I still have bad days and bad nights but life is definately improving. I have been extremely fortunate to have a dr who encouraged me to be patient. He has monitored my health regularly and has assured me that all the stages 've been through are normal. I am still only on 20mg and doing well. There is hope BM but you must be easy on yourself and let the healing take place in time. :o

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.