fluexotine first time user experiencing strange side effects

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've recently started taking flouxetine 20mg in the morning on day number 5 and just started experiencing strange (to me) side effects. Last night I could not sleep, everytime I started to drift off I immediately woke up bolt uprite out of breath in a panic. I also feel spaced out and unable to focus for more than 5 mins, also have what feels like tension headache which adds to my anxiety making me think all sorts and to top it off my toilet habbits have increased, I guess I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this or had any advice?

Thanks in advanced

Kris

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's the same situation as me.

Stick on it.

It's from the fluoxetine.

I am week 7 now and still up and down..

Rgs,

A

• Posted

Hi, I've been taking it for 3 weeks now and am also experiencing similar side effects. Try not to let them worry you, as your body becomes accustomed to the medication they will most likely stop. I'm beginning to feel better already. X

• Posted

Hi Kris

i am on day 6 of 20mg fluoxetine and I felt exactly what you are feeling.  Still feel a bit weird today but better then previous days.  Yesterday and Sunday were probably the worst.  Could not sleep, pins and needles in my hands, tension headache, dizziness, spaced out and increased anxiety but today feeling a bit better so hopefully you will too as often it takes 1-2 weeks for your body to adjust then hopefully the medication will help you which is what I am hoping for as I am taking them for anxiety, panic attacks and dizziness which is my main symptom when I start to panic xx

• Posted

Hey Kris I'm on day 5 of this medication and I have same as you..i also get numb and pins and needles...do u ?
  • Posted

thanks guys

No pins and needless but Shields of nausea dizziness feels like having to much alcohol on board, sucks as I have lots of coursework to be doing but can not focus at all.

Apreciate all the comments

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.