Flunarazine

Posted , 2 users are following.

hello, just wondered if anyone has had any relief from their migraines by taking FLUNARAZINE? It is a calcium channel blocker.  I would appreciate any input, good or bad.  Many thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anita,

Well yes I take Flunarizine, 10mg at night.  My feeling is that it has improved my Hemiplegic Migraines, but not completely eliminated them, I am now having Botox injections also.  I used to have a Hemiplegic Migraine for nearly a week, being hospitalised, now 2-3 days at the most, so certainly improved my symptoms.  What is your feedback for Flunarizine Anita?  What type of Migraines/headaches do you have?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply personal20, that is good to know.  I don't think I've ever been told which type I have but I have had ME for 29 years with almost daily migraines ever since.  I've tried 30 different things so far, including Botox. I wish you luck with that, sadly it did not help me, I'm not sure anything ever will. Did you get the awful dizziness associated with FLUNARAZINE or the weight gain please? These two things are making me delay starting it. Thankyou.
    • Posted

Hi Anita,

I have never had any dizziness at all with them, I have to watch my weight, but I enjoy exercise so this helps.  I eat generally very healthily, only the occasional naughty treat!

So, I would say give them a try as I am now doing Botox.  Since my first injections las week, I didn get any hemiplegic symtoms that I often get, I still get cluster headaches but I just deal with them as and when, they dont ruin my life like HM does.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.

Take care

• Posted

Thankyou so much for taking the time to share your experience, I will give them a go!

anita xx

• Posted

Welcome, and good luck with the flunarizine.  Let us know how you get on please Anita.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.