Fluorine 8 weeks will this ever calm down

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have severe anxiety 8 weeks into fluoxetine it is no better I feel so lost my head is constantly uncomfortable and I wake from deep sleep with panic attacks it's ruining my life I know I should just let it be but it is so strong it's hard to ignore will fluoxetine soften it

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I'm exactly the same Julie. I know others say it takes a while for it to work and that's reassuring , but I'm struggling to see a light at the end of the tunnel . The constant anxiety, fuzzy head and at times racing heart can be so frightening and feeling like I'll never feel like 'me' again! But I'll try to keep positive, my Dr said the side effects are quite normal for this med i just didnt expect them to be this bad for so long. Hope it gets easier for you soon, take care Xx

• Posted

Thank you karen it's a horrible thing a long journey how long have u felt like it do you take fluoxetine I hope it settles soon for us

• Posted

Hi Julie, yes i take fluoxetine 20mg, I've suffered with the side effects soon after starting the med 7 weeks ago. The anxiety isn't as bad , but it's there at some point everyday, the dizziness has eased , but still get a fuzzy head. I've also started CBT , got my second session on Thursday , hoping that helps . Yes hope it settles for us soonX

• Posted

HI Julie,  sorry you are struggling. I didn't start to see a difference until after my 8th week mark. My evenings were a bit better then it slowly increased. This is a terribly slow drug to settle in the body. And everyone is different. Do you have any relief since you started?

• Posted

No bit better in the evenings but I find it v hard the mornings are awful feel bias never going get back to bring me
  • Posted

That's exactly how I felt. It's rotten. But it's a good sing that you feel a bit better in the evenings. That's how it started for me. Everyone I've talked to on here have said that mornings were the worst. It seems to be the last thing to go. I can't sleep in anymore. I wake up with mild anxiety and need to get out of bed right away and get going. Then it settles. Hold on hon. I talked on here many times every day when I was at my worst and recovering. This site and the supportive people here helped me to fight my way through. You can do this. You are not alone in this and are so much stronger than you think or feel right now. I'm here if you need me. ????

• Posted

Thanks Laurie I feel paralysed by it I know I shold do things to keep busy but it is ruined by the anxiety voice which is constant I would never have believed I could thing about the same thing so much

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.