Fluoroquinolone toxicity syndrome and CBD

Posted , 3 users are following.

Have any Forum members shown lasting improvement after taking CBD ?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Derek,

I know of many people affected by Fluoroquinolones who find using CBD oil very helpful.

I'm not sure what you mean by lasting improvement but they certainly do report some improvement which, on a daily basis, seems to be better than not using it (if you see what I mean!).

The reports come from both sides of the Atlantic and CBD oil is available in the UK from health Food shops as well as that well known on-line retailer beginning with A.

There are a variety of strengths (and prices) and many suggest to try a lower than recommended dose to begin with (it's usually drops under the tongue) and then to work up gradually. Some say that taking too much initially has a bad effect.

CBD is widely acknowledged to give relief in many different circumstances, e.g. MS and RA as well as FQ toxicity. I think the legal problem is that 'they' can't tell what type of cannabis is being grown just by looking at it and so they have to regard all unofficial growers as suspect (as most of it is the THC variety which is illegal).

If you want to try it I would definitely say to go for it, but do be careful not to use too much at any one time. If they recommend e.g. 6 drops to begin with I would go for 2 the first day then build up gradually ( some eventually find they might need 8!).

• Posted

There are so many providers and variations to the products and many of them from out of the way countries that one starts to have doubts about them. I've gone for an Irish one in capsule form that seems the most expensive one on the basis that if it does not show some benefit in a month would the lesser ones ? Though your point of building up from a lower dose is a good one.

In the reviews doubts were cast on the strength of one of the High Street ones. Speaking to our GP once he said that cannabis is the best pain killer and there is plenty of it on our local streets. I was not sure if it was an ironic expression that dealers can do more for his patients or a recommendation

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.