fluoxetene for 6 weeks and no improvement

Posted , 4 users are following.

on week 6 of taking fluoxetene and not any better still have bad nausea and dodgy stomach i struggle to sleep and anxious all day, feel calmer at night but barely any relief from it atall. when will it get better

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Edited

Hi Emma,

Keep going! you will get there!

I started in November 2019, lasted 8 weeks and I couldn't cope with the side effects! i suddenly turned a corner, no anxiety and felt so much better!

Kate x

• Posted

really bad Nausea, could not eat! Reaching to be sick every morning! lived on bananas! keep going!

• Posted

the same things happening to me I just hit my 2-week mark and the other day I was driving to work and I started dry heaving in the car got very nauseous no appetite which was giving me anxiety attack and I have not eaten in 5 days my doctor told me to go off of it. always worse in the morning

• Edited

You will be fine...just keep going! Drink plenty and try to eat!

• Posted

I wake up every morning with my heart racing nausea my anxiety is through the roof and I can't go to work it's so bad

• Posted

I have bad health anxiety so with the nausea and heart racing and not feeling good it's making me feel worse cuz I think the worst.

• Edited

Exactly how I was, give it the six weeks! My side effects went over night and you can start feeling 100 % better. I was gonna to give up but so glad I didn't.

Its the worse feeling but if you can get through this stage trust me you will come out of this!

• Posted

I might have to retry it in the summer. I am a teacher and I can't work like this 😦

• Posted

I'm nearly at week seven from upping my fluoxetine from 40 to 60,iwas doing well & having good days but this weekend I feel the anxiety has came back so strong its knocked the wind out of me,does this mean its not working for me or will it take a bit longer before it settles

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.